No matter where we go, no matter what we do, we're always gonna be in each other's lives.
— Andi to her friends
When Celia leaves town, Andi and Bex throw another party; Buffy and Cyrus share relationship woes; Andi shares a secret.
Cece leaves Bex in charge of her house while she is gone. Cece tells her not to throw any parties, but she then admits she only said that because she knew the party would be more fun if Bex and Andi thought they were defying her.
Bex and Andi gather decorations and party supplies. When Andi leaves to get a party outfit, Bowie pulls Bex aside and shows her Andi’s SAVA letter. Seeing how thin it is, they assume it’s a rejection letter and decide to hide it from her until after the party.
Bex decides to wear her wedding dress, and Bowie wears his father’s tux. They share a slow dance and a kiss before the party starts.
At the party, Buffy tells Cyrus that Marty no longer has a crush on her. Cyrus tells her that she’s wrong about Marty, but she’s not convinced. TJ walks onto the dance floor and waves to Cyrus. However, when Kira puts an arm around him, he assumes they’re together. Buffy tries to tell him he’s wrong, but he doesn’t believe her.
Kira makes fun of Cyrus’s dance moves. TJ tells her off. She asks him if he’s mad because she made him pick between her and Cyrus. He responds that Cyrus never made him pick, and Kira realizes that this means he’s picking Cyrus. She storms off.
A t-rex costume shows up and starts dancing. At first everyone assumes it’s Andi, but it turns out to be Cece. She pretends to be angry about the party, but then laughs it off. She tells Andi and her friends that she’s always wanted to go to one of these parties.
Andi, her close friends (plus Amber and TJ), and her parents, perform a cover of Born This Way.
Jonah pulls Andi aside and shows her that he found the bracelet. She offers to bury it so he’ll never have to see it again, but he asks her if he can keep it. She says yes, reminds him that she made it for him. She puts it on his wrist. Andi wonders what would have happened if they had met when they were older. Jonah responds that, someday they will be older.
Buffy walks up to Marty and calls back to what she said when they first met. She tries to have a banter-free conversation with him, but runs off when it fails, leaving Marty frustrated and confused. He runs out after her and asks her to try again. She tells him that she likes him the way he used to like her, in case he ever changes his mind (about not liking her anymore). He says he never changed his mind in the first place and then they kiss.
When Cyrus askes TJ what happened to Kira, he jokes that he poured water on her and she melted. TJ tells Cyrus his real name is Thelonious Jagger under the condition he tells no one else, and Cyrus says he loves that name. TJ nervously reaches for Cyrus' hand and he asks if there's anything else Cyrus wants to know. Cyrus asks if there is anything TJ wants to tell them, and they both answer yes. Then they hold hands, implying that they are now together.
After the party, Andi passes a photo of herself, Buffy, and Cyrus as second graders. Buffy and Cyrus comment that they’re still together and always will be. Andi shows them that she stripped Andi Shack bare so she can turn it into a real studio. She explains that she got into SAVA. Buffy and Cyrus are upset that she’ll be separated from them, but happy she got in.
The show flashes back to some of the important moments that happened in the Andi Shack. Andi found out Bex wasn’t her cool sister but her Mom who abandoned her, Andi made Jonah’s bracelet, Buffy and Cyrus found out that Bex has a “secret baby”, Andi suggested ideas for Bowie’s proposal, Andi found out about Jonah leaving for camp right after they get together, Andi threw her father a surprise party.
Then they talk about their futures, saying they’ll always be in eachothers lives. Andi plans to be a professional artist, Buffy, a basketball coach, Cyrus, an indie film director, and Jonah, a guitarist.
After making plans to meet at the spoon tomorrow, Andi asks Jonah to take a picture of her, Cyrus, and Buffy in front of the old Andi Shack. Then Cyrus hugs her and says goodbye (specifically, “later, Tater”), Buffy also hugs her but refuses to say goodbye (on principle), and Jonah tells her he loves her.
The first things Andi puts in her new studio are the 2 photographs of herself and her 2 friends.
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee as Andi Mack
- Joshua Rush as Cyrus Goodman
- Sofia Wylie as Buffy Driscoll
- Asher Angel as Jonah Beck
- Trent Garrett as Bowie Quinn
- Lilan Bowden as Bex Mack
- Lauren Tom as Celia Mack
- This is the final episode of Season 3 and the series finale.
- This episode is 28 minutes long, making it the longest half-hour episode of Andi Mack.
- The episode title shares the name of a song by Canadian singer Lights.
- Andi and her friends perform "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga which is often regarded as an LGBTQ anthem because of its empowering acceptance message.
- This is further supported as both Cyrus and TJ, both of whom are gay, open the song, with TJ playing the first notes and Cyrus singing the first lines.
- TJ's initials are revealed to stand for Thelonious Jagger, named after his parents' favourite musicians, Thelonious Monk and Mick Jagger.
- Buffy and Marty have the same conversation they had when they first met in "Dancing in the Dark".
- This is the final appearance of the bracelet. Before Jonah shows it to Andi, he warns her that he is not going to show her a piece of rice with her name on it, referencing the one he gave her in "Better to Have Wuvved and Wost" where Andi's name was misspelled with a y instead of an i.
- Buffy saying she is "not saying goodbye" is a reference to "For the Last Time".
- This episode contains flashbacks to "13", "Outside the Box", "Hey, Who Wants Pizza?", "A Good Hair Day", and "We're on Cloud Ten".
- Winnie the Pooh is mentioned.
- This was the only episode this season, and the third in the series, that had different ending credits.
| To view the We Were Here gallery, click here.