You know, you get a real sparkle in your eye when you're overconfident.
- 1 Moments
- 1.1 Season 1
- 1.2 Season 2
- 1.3 Season 3
- 2 Similarities
- 3 Triva
- Marty finds Buffy during Andi's party and asks if he knows her.
- Buffy brags to Marty about how she's done so many things.
- They try to one-up each other so much that Marty even pretends that he ate a live frog.
- Marty tells Buffy that she's making the conversation very difficult.
- Marty tries to ask Buffy out but she says she's just there for the cheese puffs.
- Marty tells Buffy they'll catch up later.
- When Cyrus asks Buffy about who she was talking to, Buffy says she can't remember because she was too busy one-upping each other.
- During Buffy's girl's track team practice, Marty is the one timing the girls with a stop watch.
- Marty introduces himself again to Buffy like he did in Dancing in the Dark by asking if he knows her and Buffy responds the same way she responded.
- Buffy remembers Marty as the guy who lied about eating a frog but Marty reminds her he's "Marty from the party."
- Marty is impressed by Buffy's speed and tells her that she's the fastest girl and reveals that he is the fastest boy.
- Competition intensifies between Buffy and Marty as Buffy tries to prove that she can beat Marty.
- During the exercises, they exchange flirtatious smiles while trying to outperform each other.
- Buffy makes sure to outperform Marty in all exercises and makes him race her just so she can beat him.
- Buffy and Marty smash talk each-other on the hallway in their usual flirty manner.
- Andi notices the flirtations and tells Buffy she might have a crush on Marty but Buffy refuses.
- Buffy challenges Marty to a real race to prove who is the fastest, once and for all.
- When Buffy loses her shoe, she suspects that Marty stole it to sabotage her during the race.
- For revenge, Buffy steals Marty's sneakers and soaks them in the girls' bathroom.
- Marty is upset that Buffy would ruin his sneakers like that when he didn't even steal her shoe.
- Buffy feels guilty after realizing that she crossed the line. She promises Marty new shoes but fails to apologize.
- Buffy gets Marty a new pair of sneakers and hands them to him but he still doesn't trust her.
- Marty and Buffy agree to race again and prove who is the fastest so that they can end the feud.
- Before the race, they two exchange their usual flirtatious witty banter which makes them realize that if they race, then that's over.
- Buffy asks Marty if he would still talk to her if they raced and they won. Marty asks her the same thing.
- Buffy admits that she's not the most gracious loser and so she can't promise she would take it well. Marty says he's the same.
- Buffy and Marty agree to call off the race so that they can continue their usual flirting while arguing about who's the fastest.
- They both exchange flirty smiles.
- Marty is signing up for the boys' basketball team, and Buffy tells him that she loves to play basketball too. Marty tells Buffy that she should sign up for the pep squad then, Buffy says "Or I could sign up for Basketball" in which Marty replies "There is no Jefferson Girls Basketball team." Buffy, having no other "choice" signs up for the male basketball team. She leaves the scene making an air shot and Marty looks at her.
- Later Buffy is practicing basketball with Cyrus, but he isn't good so Buffy sees no point in practicing if it is with him. So Marty comes and is the perfect match for Buffy to compete After playing with Marty Buffy seems to be having fun, she plays and Marty play the banter card. Marty tells Buffy that he really hopes that she is to omuch and hopes that she and her stupid ego make the team.
- Andi asks Buffy about her and Marty's relationship and if their ship name is "Barty" or "Muffy" but Buffy says nothing is going on between them.
- Marty and Buffy try out for the team. They get along so well, but only Buffy makes the team. Even though Marty didn't make the team he was happy for Buffy who did.
- Both Buffy and Marty don't like TJ, their mean team captain.
- Marty joins Buffy and The Good Hair Crew at The Spoon Diner.
- Marty knows Buffy so well and even knows that she usually gets extra napkins.
- Buffy invites Marty to join Andi and Jonah as double-dates so that she doesn't have to be third wheel; bu, she makes it clear that they're not a couple.
- Marty tells Buffy that they would make a cuter couple than Andi and Jonah because they already get each other so well.
- Marty asks Buffy out, reminding her how much they have in common and telling her that they're more than halfway of being a couple.
- Buffy refuses to start dating Marty officially because she feels like they're at their best as friends.
- Marty is disappointed when Buffy turns him down. So, he starts avoiding her and doesn't even want to be friends anymore.
- Buffy feels sad for losing Marty as a friend. She tells Andi and Cyrus that she and Marty broke up even though they were not technically dating.
- Buffy mentions to her mom that she and Marty do not talk anymore and that Marty probably doesn't even know that Buffy is moving.
- Marty contributes to Buffy's time capsule by donating a sneaker with a note that admits that Buffy was faster all along.
- Marty seems to have forgiven Buffy for rejecting his wishes to become a couple.
- Andi mentions that Marty has a girlfriend.
- Buffy complains that it could have taken him a little longer to get over her.
- Buffy calls Marty after a long time and asks to hang out.
- Marty repeatedly texts Buffy throughout the day.
- Buffy admits that she missed him.
- Even though she claims that she only missed him as a friend.
- Buffy goes to meet up with Marty and catch up. It's been a long time since they talked face to face. They agree that they missed each other. Marty reminds Buffy that he has a girlfriend but Buffy is cool with it because she just wants to be friends. Marty says that he's now doing long distance running.
- Since Cyrus was doing a costume with TJ, a head was vacant for the Mount Rushmore costume. To fill in for Cyrus, Buffy walked up to Marty and asked for a favor. Marty asked, "How big?" and Buffy said, "About this," and she was using her hands for demonstration of his head.
- While Jonah tells Andi that he doesn't want to do the costume, Marty and Buffy keep on glancing at each other.
- While Cyrus and Andi's costume day isn't going well, Marty and Buffy seem to be having a good time.
- Marty and Buffy run into each other and exchange their usual witty banter, with Buffy making fun of Marty's shoes.
- When Marty tells Buffy about his upcoming marathon, Buffy wants to race too to prove that she can beat him.
- Marty is worried that Buffy could get hurt or dehydrated since she hadn't been training for marathon.
- When Buffy gets dehydrated and starts to collapse, Marty holds her and helps her sit down.
- Buffy asks Marty to keep running so that he finishes the marathon under his target time but Marty gives it up to come help Buffy.
- Marty carries Buffy for the rest of the marathon so that they both finish the marathon together.
- Buffy tells Marty that she likes him
- Buffy and Marty kiss
- They're both in the track teams.
- Buffy is the fastest girl in school and Marty is the fastest boy.
- They're both very competitive.
- They both have a love for basketball.
- They both like each other.
- The ship name "Muffy" is the only ship name to have actually been said on the show itself, as Andi suggests it, along with "Barty", in Chinese New Year.