You've been wanting to give me a gift. What I really need from you is patience. Okay?
After hearing from Jonah that he finally wants to be Andi's boyfriend, Andi is undecided as to whether or not she wants to be Jonah's girlfriend in return. Bex asks Andi about Walker, whom Andi met at Cyrus' bar-mitzvah, but Andi doubts that she will see him again since they never got each other's numbers. Later, Andi is out shopping when Jonah sneaks up to her to present to Andi his first actual gift as her boyfriend. Andi tells Jonah that it doesn't matter what the gift is since it is the first time he's ever gotten anything for her, and she will cherish it forever. When she gets home, however, Andi finds that the gift is simply a statue of a bashful boy with the words, "I Wuv You" inscribed on it. Andi and Bex agree that the gift was not the best idea from Jonah.
At school, Jonah presents Andi with another gift, this time a piece of rice with the name "Andy" written on it (Jonah couldn't find one with Andi's name spelled correctly). Andi is again disappointed, but pretends to like it until Cyrus comes over and steps on the gift, mistaking it to be a bug instead. The next day, Andi finally tells Jonah that although she appreciates his effort, Jonah needs to stop buying her presents. Jonah tries to tell Andi how he's ready to be a couple, but Andi reminds him that she only said "umm" when Jonah asked her out. Jonah asks how much time Andi will need to make her decision, but Andi can't give a precise answer since she's more focused on the situation with Buffy. She walks away, leaving Jonah looking disappointed.
Meanwhile, Buffy sadly reveals to Andi and Cyrus that she will be moving to Phoenix, Arizona in just ten days due to her mom receiving a promotion. Andi has an idea that Buffy could stay in Andi's old room at Celia's house for the remainder of the school year, but Buffy is unsure about living with the overbearing Celia. Andi tries to convince her that Celia has changed for the better, and Buffy agrees to give it a chance. Buffy tells her mom about the idea, but Andi never gets the time to inform Celia about the plan. Buffy's mom, Pat Driscoll, shows up at Celia's house and is surprised that Buffy would want to stay there, given Celia's previously poor reputation. Celia says that Buffy is welcome at her house, but Pat doesn't want to spend any more time away from her daughter. Buffy admits that she doesn't want to leave her mom either, and the plan falls through. Andi and Cyrus realize that they now only have a week and a half left with their best friend.
At the Fringe, Amber is trying out makeup while Bex glares at her over her shoulder, still angry about Amber stranding Andi on the ferris wheel. Amber gives an unsatisfactory apology to Bex, who coolly suggests that Amber leave and spend some time with her friends. Amber reveals that she doesn't have any friends, making Bex feel sorry for her. Amber explains that she is tired of being perceived a the "mean girl" and wants to come off as more friendly. Bex offers to give Amber a makeover to make her appear more approachable, which Amber agrees to. While getting her eyebrows waxed, Amber begins to fidget and struggle with Bex, leading to Bex accidentally ripping off one of Amber's eyebrows entirely. Amber storms out of the store with large sunglasses on and gives Bex a negative review online, making Bex worried that the harsh review could impact her career.
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee as Andi Mack
- Joshua Rush as Cyrus Goodman
- Sofia Wylie as Buffy Driscoll
- Asher Angel as Jonah Beck
- Lilan Bowden as Bex Mack
- Lauren Tom as Celia Mack
- Buffy's dad grew up in Phoenix and is happy at the prospect of returning.
- The Mack residence was considered to be the least enjoyable place for playdates.
- Amber claimed to no longer have friends, so it's unknown if she is still friends with Iris.
- Jonah tried, but could not find an inscribed grain of rice with Andi spelled with an "i" and settled for one using a "y."
- Jonah offered to join the Good Hair Crew after Buffy leaves, confirming that he was not already a member.
- This was the second episode in which Jonah had trouble buying a gift for someone. The first was She's Turning Into You, for his then-girlfriend Amber.
- The title is a reference to a quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson in his poem "In Memoriam A.H.H.", edited to reference the statue given by Jonah to Andi: "'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."
| To view the Better to Have Wuvved and Wost gallery, click here.